Individual Nutrition Counseling
Suitable for …
- Athletes looking to maximize performance, reach body composition goals, and improve recovery
- Those wanting to better their health and wellness through nutrition
- People looking for medical nutrition therapy for a number of conditions including overweight/obesity, diabetes, heart disease, autoimmune diseases, digestive wellness, oncology nutrition, pregnancy/breast feeding, osteoporosis, etc.
Nutrition Counseling Assessment and Initial Visit $100 75 min
- Body composition testing, medical history, eating habits, diet history, dietary recall and analysis, goal setting
Nutrition Counseling follow-up visits $60 45 min
- These follow up visits will ensure that each client is getting individualized recommendations and allow time to cover questions or concerns that come up during a client’s nutrition journey. Each client will get personalized nutrition education needed to reach his/her goals. Follow up visits allow for a mini reassessment on progress and related adjustments to be made. Body composition testing will be repeated periodically to track improvement.
- Supplement safety and recommendations will be covered.
- Each visit the client will receive a written summary, which will include the topics covered in that session and goals to work toward until the next visit.
Individualized Meal Plan $110
- Includes meal plan templates with an example day menu and an appointment to go over how to use the template.
- Additional day menus are available $20 per day.
- Must complete nutrition assessment before meal plan will be made.
Weightlifting Weight Class Meal Plans $65
- Plan includes specific foods and servings by food group for each meal.
- Simple instructions and comprehensive list of food options.
- Made specifically for olympic weightlifters.
Metabolism Testing $75
- Relax and breathe normally into a handheld indirect calorimetry device for about 15 minutes to receive your resting metabolic rate.
- This value will give you an accurate number as to how many calories you should be eating everyday to meet your goals.
Food Sensitivity Testing
- Determine if certain foods or additives are causing symptoms related to Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Migraine and other headaches, Chronic Diarrhea, Heartburn/GERD, Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Skin Eruptions, Autism, ADD, and others.
- Contact for more details
Sweat concentration testing $100 for test + $50 for a follow up visit to go over personalized recommendations based on test results; group discount are available for teams
- Fluid recommendations are fairly easy to calculate based on body weight but the concentration of sweat varies dramatically in each individual.
- Athletes and physically active people need to know their sweat concentration to determine if excessive electrolytes are being lost when working out or training. This can significantly affect performance and could lead to dehydration.
- The follow up visit with the results of the test will include fluid recommendations for during workouts or practice and if electrolytes (and how much) are necessary.
Grocery Store Tours $60
- Participants will learn how to navigate through the grocery store to the best food options for their goal, how to compare similar choices for the best option, how to prepare a plan and grocery list for the week.
- Also suitable for college students wanting to learn how to navigate the new environment of cafeterias and dorm room “kitchens”.
- May be combined with pantry makeover for a discount.
Pantry Makeovers $60
- Learn how to improve the foods kept in your home and in turn improve your nutrition to reach you goals.
- May be combined with grocery store tour for a discount.
Cooking Demonstrations- price varies, contact for more details.
- Learn easy meals to prepare that fit with individual preferences and lifestyle.
*We do not accept health insurance but most health savings accounts and flexible spending accounts do allow the use of those funds for dietitian appointments. We can also give you a superbill after appointments which is a receipt you can submit to your insurance company for possible reimbursement. Whether your insurance company will reimburse you for the appointments and how much depends on your insurance plan.
Alyssa Broadwater MS, RD, LD, CSCS