Individual Nutrition Counseling: available in person or remotely via an easy to use HIPAA compliant video conference system.
Suitable for …
- Nutrition therapy for disordered eating & eating disorders
- Fertility, prenatal, and postpartum nutrition care
- Maximizing athletic performance
- Medical nutrition therapy for a number of conditions including diabetes, heart disease, autoimmune diseases, digestive wellness, oncology nutrition, osteoporosis, etc.
Nutrition Counseling Initial Consultation Visit $120 75 min
- We will go over medical history, current eating habits, diet history, dietary recall & analysis, goal setting, and supplement safety & recommendations if appropriate.
- Each client will get personalized nutrition education needed to reach his/her goals.
- Each visit the client will receive a written summary, which will include the topics covered in that session and goals to work toward until the next visit.
Nutrition Counseling follow-up visits $70 45 min
- These follow up visits will ensure that each client is getting
individualized recommendations and allow adequate time to cover
questions or concerns that come up during a client’s nutrition journey.
Follow up visits allow for a mini reassessment on progress and related
adjustments to be made.
Individualized Meal Plan $110
- Includes meal plan templates with an example day menu and an appointment to go over how to use the template.
- Additional day menus are available $20 per day.
- Must complete nutrition assessment before meal plan will be made.
Food Sensitivity Testing
- Contact for more details
Book a Consultation
Most health insurance plans cover nutrition visits with me, often at NO COST to you.
Coverage varies greatly between plans. Please scroll down for help determining what your plan covers. If insurance declines to cover your visit(s) for any reason, you are responsible for the full amount billed.
Alyssa Broadwater, RD is in-network with:
- Medical Mutual
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Medicare (diabetes only)
*There are certain plans within each company for which I am considered out-of-network. Please contact me or ask the insurance rep to confirm I am in-network with your specific plan.
Even if I am currently not in-network with your insurance company, you may have out of network benefits. Ask you insurance rep the following questions to find out.
BEFORE YOUR VISIT, PLEASE CALL YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY TO ASK THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONS BELOW AND WRITE DOWN THE ANSWERS:
Start by calling the 800 number on the back of your insurance card
Ask for the name of the representative, note the date and time, and ask for a reference number for the phone call
Do I have nutrition counseling coverage on my insurance plan?
- If the insurance company asks for a CPT code please provide them with the following codes 97802 & 97803. If they say you do not have coverage using those codes NEXT ask them to check your coverage for the following CPT codes: 99401, 99402, 99403 and 99404.
Will my diagnosis be covered?
- If the representative asks for a diagnosis code – please tell them the visit is coded the ICD 10 code: Z71.3
- I code your visit using preventative coding to maximize the number of visits you receive from your insurance carrier
Is nutrition counseling covered when provided via Telehealth?
How many visits do I have per calendar year?
- Your carrier will let you know how many visits they are willing to cover. Depending on the carrier the number of visits vary from 0 to unlimited depending on medical need.
Do I have a deductible to meet before insurance pays?
- In the event you have a deductible I will not be able to initially bill your insurance company directly until the deductible is met. Therefore, payment of $120.00 is due at the initial visit and $70.00 is due at each follow up visit.
- I will provide you will the appropriate documentation to submit to your insurance company to show receipt of the services. This will allow you to “pay down” your deductible. Once your deductible has been met and you have nutrition services on your policy, I can then directly bill your insurance company.
Do I have a co-pay for nutritional counseling?
- For most insurance companies I am considered a specialist. Therefore, your specialist co-pay is applicable and is payable at the time of service. This information is often apparent on the front of your actual insurance card.
My insurance-billing experience is mostly with clients residing in Ohio, but we have had success with out of state clients as long as we are in-network with your plan.
If you have any questions or need help with this process, please contact Alyssa.
Alyssa Broadwater MS, RD, LD, CSCS